Nothing beats that refreshing feeling of being able to access the entire world at the flick of your wrist. That’s why we have the list of 11 best android watches for men.
Today’s best smartwatches have been modified from just showing notifications, to executing complex digital skills such as paying for items at grocery stores, monitoring your heart rate, tracking your location with GPS, amongst many others.
Furthermore, there are several apps you can download on a smartwatch. A smartwatch can function as a wallet, fitness tracker, and even a phone. It can also automatically connect you to emergency services if you fall or get hurt. Although these tasks will most likely function best when paired with some of the high-grade smartphones on the market, some smartwatches can perform them without being paired to a phone.
After reviewing dozens of top smartwatches ranging from the Apple Watch series, to Fitbits watches, to Samsung Galaxy watches and many more, we’ve compiled a list of the best Android watches for men you can consider purchasing. Some of the features that were taken into account include style, quality, durability, functionality, price, brand, and compatibility.
Our Top Best Android Watches for Men
1. Fitbit Versa Smartwatch
The Fitbit Smartwatch series has gained our number one spot because of its highly functional and versatile features. This includes an in-built heart-rate sensor, a water-resistant body, and an upgraded interface that separates your data into organized tiles, making them easily accessible.
This is also coupled with the fact that Fitbit smartwatches are budget-friendly despite being a product of a famous brand.
- It has an in-built NFC chip store credit cards.
- The versa, smartwatches have a very classy design, and are very lightweight, compact, and comes with two watch straps sizes (small and large) that can be interchanged for your personal preferences.
- It’s very versatile as it is compatible with Android, Windows, Bluetooth headphones, and some iOS devices.
- The battery is very durable and can last for as long as four days, or more.
- It is budget-friendly
- It’s not fully compatible with all iOS devices
- Has a limited music service
- It has a limited capacity to support and run third-party apps.
2. Skagen Falser 2
The Skagen falser 2 is the second-best smartwatch that you could purchase, as it is powered with Wear OS by GoogleTM, and comes with the Google Assistant feature.
With a bright and sharp 1.2 inch OLED display and a classy design, the Skagen Falser 2 boasts as the best-looking smartwatch.
It also has all of the advanced health features, GPS, smartphone notifications, and Google play. This makes it a very distinctive and highly-functional smartwatch compared with its other counterparts.
- It has body fitness, heart-rate, health, and activity tracking.
- The Skagen comes with an elegant and pleasant design that can also be customized to suit your style.
- It responds to voice commands with the help of the Google Assistant feature.
- Fast Charging.
- It’s quite expensive
- The battery doesn’t last so long
- It runs an old CPU, which reduces the smooth performance of its features.
3. Fossil Q Gen 4 Smartwatch
This is another excellent smartwatch to opt for, as Wear OS also powers it and compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
The Google Assistant feature makes it easy to access your information speedily and access advanced health coaching features and services.
It is also easy to customize the dial and functional side-buttons according to your personal preferences. You can even personalize your watch face with any picture of your choice. However, features and functions vary on each operating system.
- It comes with a built-in microphone and speaker, making it easy to make and receive calls directly from your watch without having to make use of an earpiece.
- It’s quite cheap and easily accessible
- The Fossil Q gen 4 is swim-proof
- It has rapid Charging
- In-built NFC for Google play
- A little less than average battery life
- Its dimensions are a bit larger than the standard one.
4. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Another smartwatch to be on the lookout for is the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active, which has a super 1.1 inch 360×360 AMOLED display Gorilla glass, built-in GPS, heart rate sensor, and advanced health features.
As the name implies, this smartwatch tracks and assesses your everyday activities to keep you active, healthy, and fit.
This smartwatch is not only highly functional but also fashionable. It is lightweight, sleek, and perfect for slim wrists. What’s more, it also comes in four exciting colors: Black, Silver, Rose Gold, and Green.
- It comes with Tizen OS
- There’s a 4GB storage capacity that’ll enable you to store large apps, songs, and information.
- You can receive text messages, calls, and notifications and perform many other tasks without your phone in tow.
- It has IP68 waterproofing
- Automatic tracking of health, exercise, sleep, weight, food intake, and other activities
- The battery capacity is 230mAh, which makes it average. To enjoy the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active, you have to charge it once or twice daily, depending on how much you use it.
5. Mobvoi TicWatch E2
Fashion meets function in the Mobvoi Ticwatch E2 smartwatch, and at an affordable price. This smartwatch has a built-in GPS that tracks, records and assesses all your activities, which includes your workouts, sleep, food consumption, water, caffeine and calorie intake amongst many others
The Mobvoi smartwatch has a simple and classy design. Very lightweight and feels comfortable that you might even forget you had it on your wrist all day.
The Mobvoi E2 smartwatch is water-friendly and comes with a pre-installed swim monitoring mode. It has a heart-rate and body sensor that allows it to track your swim style, lap count, and other swim activities.
- The Android watch comes with a proactive Sport modes
- It comes with Wear OS by Google
- It’s compatible with both Android and iPhone devices
- It has Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear platform
- The Mobvoi E2 durable Battery that may last for 36-48hours
- The smartwatch has Google Assistant features
- Its watch faces can be customized
- Due to its relatively reasonable price and high functionality, the smartwatch does not look as elegant and sleek than its counterparts. However, if you care more about utility than aesthetics, the Mobvoi E2 is your next best option.
6. Samsung Galaxy Watch
This is one of the most popular smartwatches on the market. However, this is not only because it is a product of a famous brand, but also due to its classic features.
A Samsung Galaxy smartwatch comes with a rugged Gorilla+ glass and a superb AMOLED screen that enhances its clarity.
It can also function effectively without being paired to a phone or any Bluetooth device. You can spend all day away from your phone without worrying because it comes with its 4G data connection that makes it possible to take calls and receive texts.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch does not only show you notifications but also tracks and gives a detailed analysis of your health-related activities. It also suggests and informs you about the nutritional value of your food and liquid intakes.
- Elegant and tough outlook
- Available in two sizes–42mm and 46mm, and has over 6000 distinct watch faces you can pick from
- Exynos 9110 Dual-Core 1.15GHz
- Water and Dust Resistant
- Tizen based wearable OS 4.0
- NFC Samsung Pay
- Durable battery life
- There is a limit to its performance since it does not run on a Wear OS by Google.
7. Huawei Watch GT (2019)
The Huawei Watch GT, coupled with a ceramic bezel design and stainless steel shell, poses a sleek, elegant, and lightweight wearable.
It has a double chipset architecture and heart-rate sensors capable of monitoring your inactive status and other activities.
The Huawei GT smartwatch supports three satellites( GPS, GLONASS, and GALILEOand one precise location all over the world. This allows for easier, faster, and more accurate positioning.
You can also choose from the wide range selection of watch straps, and modern & traditional watch faces that best suit your mood, favorite style, and silhouettes.
- Long battery life. However, this may vary depending on usage
- Self-learning algorithm and innovative sensors
- Proactive multiple Sports mode
- Powered with Wear OS by Google
- HUAWEI TruSleep 2.0
- AMOLED display
8. Garmin Forerunner 945
This android watch for men is the most expensive on our list of watches for men. However, you can be sure of enjoying real value for your money when purchasing the Garmin Forerunner 945.
Asides being compatible with Android, this watch also works perfectly with iOS devices. However, as a user, you can only reply to messages with the watch when connected to an Android device.
The Garmin Forerunner 945 focuses more on fitness features, including several tracking features, multi-sports mode, and so on.
- Supports GLONASS, GPS, and GALILEO
- Garmin Connect
- It features a training status, including adjustments for heat, training load focus, altitude acclimation status, recovery time, anaerobic and aerobic training effects, and so on.
- Also compatible with iOS devices.
- Has a long battery life: can last up to 9 days after full charge, if used casually. But 10 hours if GPS and Music are enabled.
- Quite expensive.
- Regular watch design.
9. Withings Steel HR Hybrid Smartwatch
If classic looks and analog functionality catches your fancy, then the Withings Steel Hybrid Smartwatch may be the best option for you! Elegantly designed, this Analog watch comes with a meter dial which enables an accurate tracking of one’s current workout progress, and also workout goal.
This smartwatch for men also features a small digital display that shows all information tracked by the watch.
- Withings Steel Hybrid Smartwatch is water-resistant.
- It features the heart rate infrared sensor.
- Withings Steel HR consumes low energy and power.
- Features a long battery life – lasts up to 25 days during normal use.
- This watch is also designed with a day and night motion sensor.
10. Skagen Falser 3
Sometimes, as a man, you simply want a smartwatch that takes the look of the regular watch – not extravagantly designed, yet with excellence-screaming quality.
The Skagen Falser 3 is just like that – a perfect puzzle-completing piece between vintage and modern technology!
Safe to say this smartwatch is an update to Skagen’s smartwatch line, as it has improved in several ways from the last released designed.
Ranging from an increased RAM space for better performance, featuring a speaker for taking and making calls, and an Extended Battery mode which caters for a much-improved battery life
- Almost regular design. Simple finishing.
- Excellent digital involvements.
- Excellent quality display.
- It features a built-in NFC and GPS.
- Skagen Falser 3 is waster resistant.
- Tracks heart rate.
- Features a speaker for taking and making calls.
11. Garmin 245 Music Hero
If you like to bike, swim, or run, then the Garmin 245 smartwatch is an outstanding option for you!
It receives notification from a connected Android phone, features an appreciably long battery life, and water-resistant.
As much as it may not have as many incredible features as others listed in this article, the Garmin Forerunner 245 men smartwatch is yet another excellent choice.
- Great battery life.
- It allows for music streaming.
- Comfortable strap.
- It features a too-basic finish design.
The good news about Android watches for men is that there are several credible options available in the market. In this article, we have carefully curated a list of the best ten (11) Android smartwatches for men in 2020!
In our listing, we have featured fantastic options from top tech companies, including Fitbit, Samsung, Garmin, and others.
Most importantly, you must know that there are several factors to consider when shopping for an android watch that’s suitable for men. First, you should figure out your size, and another carefully important factor is your budget – you wouldn’t want to purchase a smartwatch that would leave a hole in your pocket.
Nonetheless, smaller watches are relatively cheaper than bigger ones. This brings us back to understanding that when your wrist is bigger, you should, by default, budget to spend more than a man with a smaller wrist.
Also, features like sleep and fitness tracking, aesthetics, cellular connectivity, and so on, are essential to consider when buying.
Overall, ensure that the smartwatch you purchase out of our list of best android watches for men must suit your preference and style!