Group chat apps for Android has been a significant link between individuals with shared interests and goal. To communicate with casual friends, class team members, and work buddies has never been easier.
These group chat apps for Android relies on a texting system. This way, communication gets to be easy, fast, and affordable. Imagine the amount you would have to spend on airtime if you had to call every of your team members. You can comfortably explain one thing or the other about an existing project or a new one to your group using an Android app.
Best Group Chat Apps for Android
What is more, exhausting is having to repeat a piece of information over and over again.
Android group chat apps have taken care of this problem by making unique applications with enhanced features available for everyone’s use. If you have a group project on the way or you want to keep your friends in the loop about one activity or the other. Our list of best group chat apps for Android is all you need to get things done efficiently. Here are the most used group chat apps for Android.
As the name suggests, GroupMe is an android app that offers everything you might want in a group chat centric android app and more.
To connect with multiple people, various mediums like text messages, videos, and emoji packs have been embedded in it for every member of the group’s convenience.
The outstanding features of GroupMe Android application include the following;
- An enabling environment to communicate with different people and different groups.
- Right within third party social media apps like facebook and twitter, you can initiate a conference call to as many people as you wish.
- GroupMe has only a freemium version. You do not have to pay for any of its features.
- Every member of your GroupMe channel can add several photos as well as their location in an instant.
- Gifs and Videos of any size can be shared to as many people in your group chat.
- Your privacy is guaranteed.
- GroupMe also makes use of your native Android SMS app. That way, your friends do not have to download the app before they can tag along and be in the loop of what the group is planning.
ezTalks Meetings is an android application that is quite popular in the business world as it is often used to facilitate video conferences during business meetings.
This application is available for android devices as well as other operating systems on mobile and personal computers. A price with this much functionality is expected to come at a cost; surprisingly, ezTalks is free for everyone.
Here are some of the outstanding features of this business-oriented app for Android;
- Facilitation of group chats with up to 100 members.
- This app can is beneficial in recording of online meetings with playback feature.
- There is an open group discussion as well as a closed one. (public and private chats).
- You also have access to have an endless number of online meetings.
- For offices with a Comcast device, you get to share what’s on your screen (be it a written document or some other kind of content) with others.
- You can share files of different formats.
Viber is a well-known texting app in the social media scene. This app delivers nothing but the best result for every group chat needs.
What makes this offer more interesting is the free toll on calls to both local and international group chat participants. Viber is available for Android, and it’s free. Some other features of Viber that you should know about includes;
- Ability to share every file type.
- You have the ability to create up to 200 groups.
- More privacy with end-to-end encryption.
- No username hassle, all you need for registration is your phone number.
- Viber is less prone to scammers and impersonators due to its high-end security protocols.
WhatsApp is no doubt the most popular Android chatting app for millennials and bloomers as well. This fantastic Android app is used worldwide for personal and business purposes.
The icing on the cake is that the app is free. Calls to both local and international members of your group are free-of-charge. Other intriguing group chat features of Whatsapp include;
- Ability to send videos, audios, documents, images, and texts.
- All messages and calls are encrypted with end-to-end encryption technology.
- Whatsapp allows the addition of up to 256 participants.
The android app, Signal is another of the many group discussion apps for Android that tops the list. This application can be used for personal and business purposes without fear that an intruder will not listen to your trade secret. The signal has these characteristics to show;
- Allows you to include texts, videos, and images.
- The Signal app does not store your messages.
- Messages can be sent to the person and private groups.
- All messages are encrypted end-to-end.
- SMS messages can be sent or received without encryption.
This is a professional team discussion app that brings the whole team into a single platform with easy-to-use features. It is innovative in that it offers multiple business registration options by guaranteeing each individual’s chat data.
The group discussion app will also allow you to share internal data with other similar applications without any technical errors. Make your business process even smoother with multiple group configuration options such as file sharing, documents, images, and videos without any barriers.
Troop Messenger also offers specific attachment options such as location, file, link, camera, and contact for the mobile application. Troop Messenger is available on IOS, Android and desktops, with a cross-platform and cross-platform installation.
You can share your screenshots and description of an app problem through the Comments option, and allow users to share new ideas and features.
Troop Messenger has a feature that helps to copy and paste a message to send to another member of the team. Now you can open the link automatically from the messenger with one click. This application will inform you of unread messages indicating the number at the top of the application’s icon on your app drawer.
Google Hangouts: A new G+ Business chat app that connects your friends and colleagues to your workplace.
It facilitates individual conversation and group discussions by sharing emoticons, photos, videos, GIFs, and maps. Now you can turn any of your discussions into one-touch video calls with more than ten members at a time.
Call other Hangouts users for free, from Android, IOS, or a desktop application.
This android app is a team chat tool launched in 2013 and a few years down the launch, it has found itself at the forefront of team chat applications. Slack often receive praises for having over 1000 integrations, a friendly experience, and robust search feature.
At the same time, some users describe their interaction with Slack as a relationship of love and hate, mainly because the notifications are not so easy to manage. In the Freemium version, file storage is limited to 5GB, and only the latest 10,000 messages can be searched.
And yes, Slack is expensive, as many competitors point out. However, the app continues to grow: in 2018, it acquired the main competitor: Atlassian Stride and HipChat. Rumor has it that the company plans to go public in 2019 with a reported valuation of $ 7 billion.
Microsoft was one of the first technology giants to discover the hidden potential in team communications niche.
In 2010, the company designed Lync, then – Skype for Business. Later, on November 2016, the Microsoft team chat-based workspace was officially launched. After launching the Freemium version, the tool has strengthened search positions to dethrone Slack.
Of course, Microsoft teams have deep integrations with Office 365 tools. You can share any Office or OneDrive document: Access and edit it with your computer without leaving the application. However, Microsoft Teams is not easy to implement and manage.
Telegram is one of the most popular text-based platforms on the list. It works primarily as a private chat app with a group chat feature.
However, you can create discussion forums in the application (called channels). These channels are private. However, tons of organizations, people, groups, etc. make their discussions open to the public for the sake of transparency.
You can also create channels and share the link with those who wish to join your channel. It would be fantastic if Telegram had an open chat community, but the private chat community is so good that it’s almost as good. You may only need to search for available channels in Google Search.
Skype is one of the most recognized messaging apps in history. Everyone knows what Skype is and what it does. You can send text messages, video calls, and voice calls to members of your group chat. You can even call a real phone number for a minimal fee.
The application includes additional features that may be useful or not. It depends on what you need. Even so, it offers excellent cross-platform support, multiple chat support, and most file types, including documents, GIF files, and more. It’s a reliable option.
There is a Lite version if you like Skype, but you do not need all the features it offers.
All of these Android group discussion apps are free. These applications also update the features to make it more useful for users. If you are on the lookout for a group chat oriented android app, you can choose one from our carefully selected list.