Are you looking for games like clash of clans? We’ve got over 13 of clash of clans alternative strategy games. You should check it out.
Strategy games are one of the several sensations that gamers are always intrigued about, especially those who enjoy having to work their brains as much as possible.
One such strategy games is Clash of Clans. Clash of Clans remains one of the most famous strategy games that can be played on mobile phones. However, despite the great features that come with this game, you can also be sure of having several alternatives for it.
What is being said, in essence, is that there are a few kinds of games that have similar features with Clash of Clans.
In this article, I have comprehensively curated a list of games like Clash of Clans, with some even having a few more new and unique things to offer to you as a gamer.
Without any further ado, let us get down to the business of the day!
Top 13 games like Clash of Clans
1. Age of Empires: Castle Siege
First on my list of games like Clash of Clans is the Age of Empires: Castle Siege.
First, you must know that this particular game is not a patch on the Age of Empires games of old. Instead, it’s a brilliant attempt at creating an alternative for the Clash of Clans games.
- Castle Siege graphically follows the theme of Age of Empire’s 2 – to a reasonable extent; both games look alike in this regard.
- Castle Siege offers gamers an imposing and wondrous base.
- It allows players to express access to control their units on the battlefield.
- We may be safe to say that this game – Castle Siege – is quite more intuitive and tactical than Clash of Clans.
- Compatible with Apple, Android, and Windows Phone, PC.
- Age of Empires: Castle Siege is free to download and install.
2. Call of Duty: Heroes
As much as these strategy games offer incredible levels of competitions to one another, we may be safe to mention that Call of Duty remains one of the most popular and enjoyable games out there.
And in this regard, we can conveniently name the game as one of the best alternatives for Clash of Clans.
- Call of Duty offers its players incredible features, which plays a vital role in its uniqueness.
- Call of Duty offers several series, such as including John Soap, Captain Price, and so on.
- Every one of these series is equipped with individual and unique skills, which can, in turn, turn the tides of battle.
- Call of Duty also rewards players with premium currency, amongst a few more items.
- Players are also rewarded with daily rewards.
- Compatible with Apple, Android, and Windows Phone, PC
- Call of Duty is free to download and install
3. Total War Battles: Kingdom
Should you desire a game that’s more intense than Clash of Clans, then you may want to take Total War Battles: Kingdom as an option.
Here, there are battles, there is a war, but most notably, you are also faced with kingdoms to build all by yourself. Well, not too all by yourself, but you have the responsibility of managing the development of the infrastructure, building, etc. of the kingdoms.
What you are doing is ensuring that you terraform all over your kingdoms – more like a God. This game offers less of clashes and more of building clans – hence, a better alternative to Clash of Clans.
- This game offers players more of clans and less of clashing.
- Players are saddled with several battles with several kinds of units to unlock and proceed to command.
- It allows you, as a player, to build your army from scratch.
- Compatible with Apple, Android Phone, PC.
- Call of Duty is free to download and install
4. Star Wars: Commander
Have you ever imagined what will happen if you have a combination of Star Wars and Clash of Clans together?
Well, Star Wars: Commanders can fit in!
Summarily, this game is a Star Wars-themed, but also, on the other hand, follows all the successes that Clash of Clans has recorded very well.
- Star Wars: Commanders offers its players the sliding option with the Rebels or the Empire.
- With the Empire, you are allowed to make use of war machines such as AT-AT, and so on.
- With the Rebels option, gives players Han Solo and Chewie. So, in the end, players are always left with, which is best for them to choose.
- Star Wars: Commanders features brilliant and engaging animations.
- The storyline is superb.
- The game allows both single-player and multiplayer too.
- Compatible with Apple, Android, and Windows Phone, PC.
- Star Wars: Commander is free to download and install, although it features a few in-app purchases.
If you are a lover of battle games, then DomiNations is one of the best alternative options to Clash of Clans.
Without gainsaying, when it comes to storyline, animation, and characters, DomiNations is one of the best games out there.
What the game entails is leading your national army to the battlefield.
- Compatible only on Android and iOS phones.
- It allows players access to customize their nation, army, and so on.
- Highly technological
- DomiNations is free to download and install, although it features a few in-app purchases.
6. Guardian Kingdoms
Guardian Kingdoms is unique – in the sense that instead of fighting individually yet belonging to an army, this game features fighting together: your allies can have your back at any point in time that they are needed, and the same for you too.
- Easily accessible
- Quite easy to play
- A near-perfect replica of Clash of Clans, hence, the reason it suffices as an alternative.
- Guardian Kingdoms features several epic battles.
- Compatible with iOS devices only.
- Guardian Kingdom is free to download and install, although it features a few in-app purchases.
7. Plunder Pirates
Plunder Pirates is more like the wannabe of Clash of Clans, just that it focuses exclusively on the pirate life.
So, if you are a freak of pirates, then Plunder Pirates may be the one for you!
- Plunder Pirates contains in-game currencies, including gold and grog.
- The game includes eyepatches and parrots.
- It allows its players to explore unchartered isles, and even discover new ships and lands – a great adventure!
- Plunder Pirates is another excellent means of exploring landmarks, and embarking in even more intriguing tasks, such as mapping out merchant ships, monsters, and so on.
- Compatible with Android and iOS devices only.
- Plunder Pirates is free to download and install, although it features a few in-app purchases.
8. Jungle Heat
One thing that stands Jungle Heat out of the rest, and also champions why it is a good alternative of Clash of Clans is its accessibility.
Jungle Heat is touted to be the gateway drug for even more intense games such as Total War Battles, Clash of Clans, and so on.
As much as it may not be the perfect Clash of Clans clone, you can still be sure of having exciting experiences while playing.
- Great accessibility
- Offer players exciting offers and treats
- Allows a multiplayer option.
- Jungle Heat is compatible with Apple, Android, and Windows Phone.
- Game is free to download and install, although it features a few in-app purchases.
9. Dawn of Titans
We may be safe to conclude that Dawn of Titans made this list of games like clash of clans because of its excellent graphics.
Considering the kind of graphics employed alone, we bet you will fall in love with the game. Without gainsaying, its graphics are incomparable to all the games enlisted herein – impressive, entertaining, and visually appealing: you should check it out!
- Excellent graphics
- Dawn of Titans features the Zooming option.
- Great control options. Its precision is somewhat uneatable: it allows players to tell the exact direction their troops should follow, and so on.
- Compatible with iOS and Android phones only.
- Dawn of Titans is free to download and install, although it features a few in-app purchases.
10. Boom Beach
Developed by Supercell, Boom Beach is another exciting game that looks very much like Clash of Clans.
Without gainsaying, we can conveniently mistake Boom Beach for Clash of Clans, especially on the surface. However, the only striking difference is that the former employs a tropical island theme while the latter features the Norse Kingdom theme.
Also, another noticeable characteristic is that Boom Beach is more satisfying and deeper than Clash of Clans.
- The game allows players to have better control over their respective characters.
- Its much better gameplay than that of Clash of Clans
- This game features the tropical island theme.
- It’s compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Boom Beach is free to download and install, although it features a few in-app purchases
11. Viking Wars
Unlike Clash of Clans, Viking Wars allows its users to explore the old age and world of Vikings, plus following the rule of the jungle to the latter.
It’s more of a strategy game than a mere war and adventurous game. The storyline is quite straightforward and relatable – the powerful tribes are to loot and ultimately destroy the weaker tribes.
As a player, your job is to defend yourself against the tribes of the enemies, while at the same time attacking other weaker tribes too to garner resources. So, Viking Wars is more like a game exploring the “survival of the fittest” narrative.
- Highly strategical.
- Viking Wars allows players to invite their friends to enjoy more reinforcements and also earn free fold to expand their tribes.
- It is not a free game.
- Exclusively compatible with Android devices.
12. Total Conquest
Are you always obsessed with wanting to control the Roman Empire? Then you need to play Total Conquest!
The storyline is quite relatable and realistic: the ancient Rome kingdom needs a king who doubles as a warrior to rule the nation and ensure that it is safe from attacks.
So, this explains the great deal of courage and mind that’s needed to try out this game. You can either join a legion or create yours. As a ruler, too, you need to conquer as many lands and territories as possible, to better your ranks.
- Relatable and realistic storyline.
- Great graphics.
- Not free.
- Compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows phones.
13. Lords Mobile
Lords Mobile is quite similar to Boom Beach too. The game’s storyline demands that you train your army to battle, conquer as many fights as possible, and move up the ranks – read as level.
- The game features the RPG element.
- It can be played online only. However, in recent times, a few players have complained of connection issues.
- Much better gameplay than that of Clash of Clans
- It features the tropical island theme.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
Other games like Clash of Clans are:
- Rise of civilizations
- Rival Kingdoms: The Lost City
- Hero Sky
- Rush Wars
- Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Castle Clash
Of course, Clash of Clans still tops the list of strategy games available in the gaming market at the moment. Nonetheless, that doesn’t shield it from having similar counterparts, which also doubles as close alternatives.
In this article, we have comprehensively discussed the top games like Clash of Titans, including their top features and storylines.
At this point, if you have downloaded any of the games listed in this text, you must have also discovered that they are also all fun-filled and intriguing, just like Clash of Clans.
Without gainsaying, you may entirely forget about Clash of Clans and focus on your newly found alternative. We will also appreciate if you share your experience with any of the games discussed herein that you have tried out. Let us hear your thoughts via the comment section just below this post.
If you have been craving for something different from Clash of Clans, then here you have them in abundance! Our list of games like Clash of Clans would suffice in finding you the best alternative that you desire.